Stuart Golodetz is a Postdoctoral Research Assistant in the University of Oxford’s Department of Engineering Science, and a Stipendiary Lecturer at Hertford College. He works on computer vision for Professor Philip Torr, in collaboration with the Oxford Smart Specs project of Dr. Stephen Hicks. He obtained his DPhil in Computer Science in 2011, working on 3D image segmentation and feature identification. He then spent two years in industry, working for SunGard in the area of credit risk management and for Semmle in the areas of logic programming and software analytics. His areas of interest include computer vision, medical image analysis, computer games development and the intricacies of different programming languages, especially C++. He is a member of the Association of C and C++ Users (ACCU) and has written a variety of articles for their magazines.
- Conference Paper Reviewer:
- Journal Paper Reviewer:
- IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence (TPAMI)
- IEEE Transactions on Image Processing (TIP)
- IEEE Transactions on Visualization and Computer Graphics (TVCG)
- International Journal of Computer Vision (IJCV)
- Pattern Recognition Letters (PRL)
- Science of Computer Programming (SOCP)
- Foundations of Science (FOS)
- Computing and Visualization in Science (CAVS)
- IEEE Transactions on Instrumentation and Measurement (TIM)
- Signal Processing: Image Communication
- Conference Session Chair:
- 01/08/15 — 30/09/15: Named presenter on EPSRC Impact Acceleration Account (IAA) Support for Tech Demonstration at SIGGRAPH (PI: Philip H S Torr), £11,720. This grant provided travel, accommodation and equipment costs for our demo at SIGGRAPH 2015.
- 2015: Robot Vision Best Paper Award – Finalist, ICRA 2015.
- 2014: Finalist in the SIGGRAPH 2014 Augmented/Virtual Reality Contest.
- 2014: Member of the Google Impact Challenge UK 2014 People’s Choice Winning Team.
- 2009: Best Paper Award in Telemedicine and e-Health Section, HSI 2009.
- 2008: Professor Yasuhiko Dote Award for Best Workshop Paper, CSTST 2008.
- 2006: EPSRC Doctoral Training Award (3.5 years of funding for DPhil).
- 2006: Honorary Senior Scholarship, New College, Oxford.
- 2006: Hoare Prize for highest mark in Final Honours School of Computer Science.
- 2004: Undergraduate Scholarship, New College, Oxford.
- 2004: Karen Thornton Memorial Prize, New College, Oxford.
- 1998: Morley Entrance Scholarship, Merchant Taylors’ School, Northwood.
- 26/12/15: SemanticPaint featured on BBC Click (best bits of 2015).
- 01/10/15: Interviewed on BBC Click about our SemanticPaint software.
- 26/09/15: SemanticPaint featured on BBC Click.
- 08/08/14: Interviewed on BBC Radio Oxford about our success in the Google Impact Challenge.
- 25/07/14: Interviewed on BBC Radio Oxford about our group’s Smart Glasses.