Shipwreck is the 3D map editor I built for my undergraduate project at Oxford under the supervision of Dr. Stephen Cameron. I subsequently upgraded it for use in my homemade hesperus game engine. This is currently a placeholder page, but anyone looking for the latest version of Shipwreck can download it as part of hesperus.
- Clone the hesperus git repository with ‘git clone email@example.com:sgolodetz/hesperus2.git’.
- Switch to the correct branch using ‘git checkout upgrade-shipwreck’.
- Change to the Shipwreck subdirectory.
- Unzip the correct JOGL library for your platform from libraries/setup/jogl into libraries/jogl.
- Build Shipwreck using ‘ant’.
- Run Shipwreck using ‘ant run’.
- I haven’t tested the new Ant build on all platforms yet, which is why it’s still on a branch. If you run into any trouble, you can also build from the master branch using the provided build.bat/build.sh scripts and then run Shipwreck using the run.bat/run.sh scripts.
- The original version of Shipwreck (from the end of my undergraduate project, when it was still called MapEditor) can be found here.